Major Fianance Errors after upgrading to 3.5

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jgamber

Major Fianance Errors after upgrading to 3.5

Post by jgamber »

We finally had the update drop and I did all of my send/receives as posted. It gave me the ok for membership and finance functionality. Membership looked good. Went in to check finance and it is all messed up. I have negative dollars in budget org's that should have positive amounts. Same w/ other accounts. Several accounts that had 0 balance now show major negative amounts in them. Additionally I have MANY "error" messages in my Expense Detail Acccounts. Any ideas?

JG
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

What version of MLS are you using?
jander04

Post by jander04 »

At the stake level we are having similar problems with finances.

After the upgrade to MLS 3.5, I looked at the budget, and we were significantly over spent. 16 of 25 budget categories had duplicate expenses (checks that show up twice).

When we did the upgrade, we had pages and pages of MLS finance transfer errors. I suspect the the duplicate expenses and errors are related.

I wonder how we fix all of the duplicate expenses. Any help will be appreciated.

Unit 514187

Jerry
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Since there is nothing you can do in local MLS to fix finance errors, the best solution is to contact LUS and work with them.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jgamber

Post by jgamber »

The duplicate expenses are the problem. I went through and deleted the duplicates and that brought the budget dollars back in line. The duplicate expenses were duplicating expenses that already showed as "cleared". The only problem that I have now is that if any of the duplicate expenses were associated to a line that had an adjustment in it, I cannot delete that "copied" expense. I have one that is for a significant expense and I cannot delete it. I'll have to call about that one...I guess.

One thing to note, when I started the update, the system printed out 90 pages of expenses that our ward had posted from over 2 years ago. That was the first clue to me that something wasn't right. Not sure why that happened.
showseason

Post by showseason »

I have not updated to 3.5 yet and have been noticing several duplicate debits to missionary accounts, forcing them to go negative. The bishop wanted me to contact Salt Lake right away but I asked to wait until after tomorrow, when 3.5 is supposed to be available for download to us, to see if other errors show up or they may be corrected??

It does not appear donations are affected so we should be ok for the start of tithing settlement Saturday.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I noticed today that all the October distribution center charges that I had re-categorized in October were undone. I had to redo the re-categorizations. Fortunately that has been the only finance anomaly for us.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jander04

Post by jander04 »

So....a few days after seeing all of the duplicates, I do a send/receive, and the duplicates are gone. Good news, but frustrating to see and worry about.

Jerry

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”