Printing Labels

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
sfraser-p40

Printing Labels

Post by sfraser-p40 »

I found out how to print labels but it looks as if there is no way to start on a partially used sheet of labels. It always starts at the top left. Also how do you print labels free form ie labels for manuals that you print yourself.

Thanks
Merlin Oleson-p40

Print labels

Post by Merlin Oleson-p40 »

If you have Microsoft "Word" go to tools and follow the bouncing ball
Tools
Letters & Mailings
Envelopes & labels
Labels, list the right Avery code on the lable or box and click on position over and down. You can print 1 lable or as many as you want. I print a full page for each bishop, HQ, and other frequently used addresses. Some Geek in the ward probably has Microsoft Office or Student version they can leagally load if you do not have it. We bought it years ago and reloaded after 5.5. It works fine for me.:DIt's just as easy to address a single envelope as you can see.
Good luck
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Merlin Oleson wrote:Some Geek in the ward probably has Microsoft Office or Student version they can leagally load if you do not have it.
How would that be legal unless they left the license behind - effectively donating it to the church? (And is the Student Version legal for church use?)
The_Earl

Post by The_Earl »

sfraser wrote:I found out how to print labels but it looks as if there is no way to start on a partially used sheet of labels. It always starts at the top left. Also how do you print labels free form ie labels for manuals that you print yourself.

Thanks
What are you using to print the labels? Is this MLS?

You may try turning the sheet of labels over, as many label sheets are the same from the top to bottom.

Do you have a label form number from the bottom of the label sheet?

Clt-Tab gets you to the next label on a Word form. Mouse clicks work well too.

I spent the better part of a year printing labels in MS Word, so I can for sure help you with that. I don't have experience with Open Office. I will have to play with that.
sfraser-p40

Post by sfraser-p40 »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have been so focused on MLS that I didn't think to look at other resident software. I'll check out the other software next time I'm there.
elderlarryhawkes-p40

Post by elderlarryhawkes-p40 »

OpenOffice is also another software application option for making lables. It is free and already on a lot of ward computers. I haven't seen anything official, but I've been told that it has been approved to be use. It is easily downloaded from openoffice.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

elderlarryhawkes wrote:OpenOffice is also another software application option for making lables. It is free and already on a lot of ward computers. I haven't seen anything official, but I've been told that it has been approved to be use. It is easily downloaded from openoffice.org.

Not only is it approved, it is distributed by the Church on all new and replacement computers.

OpenOffice 2.4.? is available for download at this URL.

Return to “Clerk Computers”