"Email All..." does not work with more than 100 emails

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
nikistoddard

"Email All..." does not work with more than 100 emails

Post by nikistoddard »

I am the Relief Society President in our ward of 195 sisters. Previously, the RS was using a yahoo group for distributing information by email. With the addition of "Email All Relief Society" on the lds.org directory, we have done away with the yahoo group and are only using lds.org for newsletters, calendars and emailing.

In addition to this switch, we have worked diligently to update all of the email addresses for members in our auxiliary. This past week we crossed over 100 email addresses in the directory. This exceeds all email servers that I can find for number of recipients.

hotmail: no more than 100 recipients per day
Yahoo: no more than 100 recipients per hour
gmail: max 100 recipients if using a mail client
aol: no more than 100 recipients per message

Are other wards seeing this problem? How are you working around it? Will there be a better solution than populating an email with all of the addresses coming forward?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

A work-around is to split the email address list in to smaller groups manually and send multiple messages.

The list of email addresses appears in the Bcc address field of your email client. This field is editable. You can cut and paste addresses into other messages for smaller groups. I use MS Outlook as my email client. I have not tested the cut and paste of email addresses in web based messaging. I assume it would be the same.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
cubscout01

Post by cubscout01 »

You can do cut and paste in a web based messaging system.

Here is another option that you can use to get the e-mail address and help divide them up. Using Firefox right click the "Email All (Organization name)" link then select the copy email address. Then select paste into your email system or a word processing system, this will allow you to easily select the number of email address you would like to email to.

See https://ue.ldschurch.org/ldsapphelp/dir ... _stake.htm for more information
nikistoddard

Post by nikistoddard »

Thank you for these work arounds. That is exactly what I have done since encountering the problem. However there are many sisters that are not tech savvy and can not go through all these extra, "confusing" steps to make sending an email work. I do not send all the announcements to our auxiliary and would like every sister to be able to send mail to the group.

This feature of the ward website should work with one click. Is there a solution for it to act as such?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

nikistoddard wrote:This feature of the ward website should work with one click. Is there a solution for it to act as such?
Not with the limitations you describe for the number of addressees. There have been other threads discussing the issues encountered with ISPs on both the sending side and receiving side for large number of addressees in a group. While we have not had any responses from any ICS employee specifically stating that they are working on a solution. But I suspect they are working on a solution.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”