Error Downloading

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
jared_w_smith

Error Downloading

Post by jared_w_smith »

I've been unable to sync LDS Tools data for several weeks rendering this app worthless. Download begins, then fails with "Error Downloading - Some information could not be downloaded, please try again later." This has occurred dozens of times over several weeks. No data appears and all buttons are disabled. iPhone 4S with LDS Tools 2.1.1 and now 2.1.2. I've tried deleting the app, restarting device, etc.

I'm in a bishopric and would have access to all reports, if that is of help in debugging. Please fix this soon because LDS Tools is one my my most used and most helpful apps.
ZundelMJ

Post by ZundelMJ »

I am getting the same error. Do you have a branch with no members? In my stake, we have a correctional facility branch that has no members. This has been a problem in the past and was resolved. I suspect this may be part of the issue.

Because I can not get the data to load, I have no link for the email address to get support. The link to app support in iTunes takes me to the FAQ with no way to report a problem. Hope they watch these forums.
jared_w_smith

Post by jared_w_smith »

After trying to download several times per day for the last several weeks, the app finally synced last night and is now working correctly. This certainly was not due to a change on my end, but was something fixed with the Church's data that is returned. So whatever you did, thank you... and I hope the stability improvements continue.
mwgrover

Post by mwgrover »

jared_w_smith wrote:After trying to download several times per day for the last several weeks, the app finally synced last night and is now working correctly. This certainly was not due to a change on my end, but was something fixed with the Church's data that is returned. So whatever you did, thank you... and I hope the stability improvements continue.

I had the same experience yesterday. Was able to update the data in LDS Tools for the first time in quite awhile without the app crashing or simply emptying itself of data. Very nice.
digbads

Post by digbads »

We've had some back-end changes, as well as some changes in 2.1.2 that should alleviate the sync problems people are having. Please post if you are continuing to have problems. I will be following on here.
rdewsnup

Still not working

Post by rdewsnup »

I still cannot sync the information for lds tools. I get the error message. I have tried it a couple of times today. I am the ward clerk and really need lds tools updated. Thanks for any help you can be.
ZundelMJ

Post by ZundelMJ »

Still not working for me.
ZundelMJ

Post by ZundelMJ »

Just for kicks, I had my wife sign-in with her LDS account on my device and found it would sync. I then tried my LDS account to find it is something with my account. I can login to lds.org just fine. Does it have something to do with my stake calling? I still wonder if it is with the branch that has no members. Could it be with the special reports for my calling?
quimflebbum

Re: Error Downloading

Post by quimflebbum »

I have had the same problem over the past month. I have tried syncing data several times a day, every day for the past 3-4 weeks and I keep getting the same message. I have tried clearing the data, deleting and reinstalling the app, all to no avail.
I am using an iPhone 3GS, LDS Tools version 2.1.2.
bobfarnsworth

Re: Error Downloading

Post by bobfarnsworth »

I have been having the same issue on both my iPad3 and iPhone 4S for over two months now. I have not been able to sync or get new info since October. I have sent several emails, with no reply. This is getting very frustrating. When I uninstalled and reinstalled, now I cannot even get my old info. App will not let me get any info now...

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”