MLS 3.5 and data transfer to LDS.org

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lambertcc

MLS 3.5 and data transfer to LDS.org

Post by lambertcc »

I have a problem: I added a calling in MLS to an organization and selected a member to fill that calling (standard calling). In MLS, the calling I just added disappeared. I added it again with the same member info. MLS is now tracking one calling however on LDS.org that same calling is listed twice with the same member. I can't delete the duplicate because MLS only shows one calling. Any suggestions or help?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lambertcc wrote:I have a problem: I added a calling in MLS to an organization and selected a member to fill that calling (standard calling). In MLS, the calling I just added disappeared. I added it again with the same member info. MLS is now tracking one calling however on LDS.org that same calling is listed twice with the same member. I can't delete the duplicate because MLS only shows one calling. Any suggestions or help?
Did the calling include a class (either in Primary or Sunday School)? If so, it might be the same problem talked about in this thread: https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... uplicating
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

lambertcc wrote:I have a problem: I added a calling in MLS to an organization and selected a member to fill that calling (standard calling). In MLS, the calling I just added disappeared. I added it again with the same member info. MLS is now tracking one calling however on LDS.org that same calling is listed twice with the same member. I can't delete the duplicate because MLS only shows one calling. Any suggestions or help?

I saw a similar problem on Sunday. I added a second primary teacher to a class, but it didn't show on the list. I added it again. When I went to the option to reorder callings, I saw both of them listed. I moved them so they were together. When I did that, they both showed up on the list. Looks like there is some kind of internal problem that doesn't refresh correctly. I didn't try it, but I wonder if you exit from the callings screen and re-open, it might display properly. Or, might need to exit/restart MLS.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

swigginton wrote:Looks like there is some kind of internal problem that doesn't refresh correctly. I didn't try it, but I wonder if you exit from the callings screen and re-open, it might display properly. Or, might need to exit/restart MLS.

I have found that exiting the screen and re-opening will usually do the trick. This happens in other areas of MLS, as well. It has been a long time since I had to actually restart MLS to fix a display problem such as this one.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”