Young Women - Personal Progress

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
LynellRogers

Young Women - Personal Progress

Post by LynellRogers »

(I think I just posted this in the wrong forum- trying to figure out how to delete the other one, sorry if this is a repeat)

I am in the YW Presidency in our ward. I just logged in to lds.org this morning to look at our ward's Personal Progress status (a list of all of the girls in our ward and what they have passed off for Personal Progress). Instead of the list of our girls that usually comes up, I got a list of different girls who aren't in our ward or Stake. Another ward "Rigby 2nd ward" (not in our stake) was listed at the top. I logged out and logged back in, then a single girl from our stake (but not in our ward) was listed on the list. I logged out again and Rigby 2nd ward's girls came up again. Normally I should only see girls from our own ward, but I can't even see our own girls at all now.

This is concerning to me because personal information (full names, birthdays....) of girls in other wards/stakes are being displayed to me (and I'm assuming others) who are not these girls' leaders. Are other YW leaders in other wards pulling up lists of the girls from our ward now? I can only assume that its possible, This seems somewhat serious security problem to me. I'm not sure what to do about it. I sent a message as a 'comment' to lds.org, but I don't know how quickly it will be read or if that is even the correct way to alert lds.org that there is a problem. Is there something else that I should do?
LynellRogers

Post by LynellRogers »

Just an update, I've logged out and logged in again and now I'm seeing a totally different girl (only one girl) from another ward in our stake listed under the "leader summary" (none of the correct girls are listed) and Ribgy ward is shown again under the "parent summary" section. I should not be able to see the personal progress (and birthday) information for any of the girls listed, and the girls who are actually in our ward are not on the list.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lynellrogers wrote:(I think I just posted this in the wrong forum- trying to figure out how to delete the other one, sorry if this is a repeat)

I deleted your post in the Directory forum -- this is indeed a better forum for your topic.

Unfortunately, I don't have a very helpful response to your issue, except to suggest that you ask some other YW leader to sign in and see if she sees that same issue. You're certainly correct that you should only see YW from your ward. You might want to get your ward clerk involved, who could communicate with your stake clerk, who has additional options for reporting such issues to Church headquarters.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
LynellRogers

Post by LynellRogers »

Thanks for your response. The Personal Progress section of lds.org has been stalling for the past 5 minutes or so and won't pull up any information at all now - so I assume that something is being worked on or that part of the site is just totally down. I will check back in a while to see if the issue is resolved when the page is working again and go from there to contact the ward clerk...

Return to “Main Church Website”