MLS 3.5 "Updating messages"

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
TinMan

MLS 3.5 "Updating messages"

Post by TinMan »

Today, we had another difficulty with MLS 3.5. We got a pop up that says: "Updating Messages." It ran for about an hour. the status bar got up to like 17 percent and stopped. At the bottom of the message box it said: " /MLSSWAP2MLS/201209_cfs.pdf"

We figured it was trying to download some huge pdf file during the busy server time of a Sunday afternoon.

I got hungry and left as the ward clerk was cancelling the message and doing a send/receive to see if it would come back. Otherwise he is going to leave it running and I will check it tomorrow.

:)
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

TinMan wrote:Otherwise he is going to leave it running and I will check it tomorrow.

This is probably not recommended, since too many people have necessary access to the clerk's office and the username/password to unlock Windows. Once unlocked, they will encounter MLS running with your ward clerk's credentials that may allow the visitor access to sensitive information they would not normally be allowed to access.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There is no problem terminating a send/receive and trying at another time. Ever since MLS version 3.1 the capability to terminate and pick up where the process was terminated does not, or should not, cause any problems.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Ah. Okay. Thanks. It was "running in the background," so we were able to do all the financial stuff okay.

I just thought it might be a problem that some download was taking more than an hour to download.

sorry.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”