Building Sheduling for Multiple Stakes in one Building

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
gbogdan7

Building Sheduling for Multiple Stakes in one Building

Post by gbogdan7 »

Our ward building is the meetinghouse for wards from three difference stakes. It appears to me that online building scheduling does not permit coordination across stakes. My Bishop is the agent Bishop for building. Is cross-stake building coordination possible? Suggestions?

Regards,
Greg Bogdan
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It works. You may want to add the other units to that meetinghouse and insure that the other stakes do not set up a duplicate location.

You'll also have to let go of the idea that the "building scheduler" is the one who schedules the building. That's done by each calendar editor when they place a event on their calendar.

The building scheduler simply coordinates when there is a conflict. They may also need a "private events" calendar if they do the scheduling for family events.

I'd strongly suggest reading the help file. It's a new way of thinking, but it does work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn, are the other units in the other stakes added in the agent stake's calendar setup or does the FM Groups FMAT database need to have the other units added as a building user to that database before they are managed at the stake interface in Calendar?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:RussellHltn, are the other units in the other stakes added in the agent stake's calendar setup or does the FM Groups FMAT database need to have the other units added as a building user to that database before they are managed at the stake interface in Calendar?

See Locations and Resources Shared by Multiple Stakes. It should be done automatically, but if not, the agent stake can add it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I asked the question because the help was not clear which FM group was responsible for adding units using a meetinghouse in FMAT.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would think there would be only one FM group for that building. Is there ever a case of a stake split across multiple FM groups?

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:I would think there would be only one FM group for that building. Is there ever a case of a stake split across multiple FM groups?
I believe JohnShaw belongs to such a stake.
JD Lessley
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Is there ever a case of a stake split across multiple FM groups?

jdlessley points out that there is a stake with two FM groups (there may be others. But I think each individual building is only in one FM group or another. Of the three stakes using the building mentioned by gbogdan7, I would think there would only be one FM group charged with its support, even if the stakes involved have other buildings supported by other FM groups.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”