Transfer Entire MLS Record to New PC

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ggraham

Transfer Entire MLS Record to New PC

Post by ggraham »

Can someone point me in the right direction for instructions on how to transfer the entire set of MLS records to a new PC?

Thanks in advance,
Gary Graham
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's changed over the years, but I think a simple backup and restore does it. At worst it might trigger a need to call to LUS for a security reset.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ggraham

Post by ggraham »

Thanks Russell, I'll give that a try.
I think the YSA Branch clerk and Stake Clerk already tried that but I'm going out there Tuesday night and was just trying to be prepared.
Thanks again,
Gary
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

When phasing out our existing XP machines with new Windows 7 PC's, I transferred all of MLS using the steps (particularly steps 3 & 4) outlined in this post...

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... #post61806

Not sure which OS's you are moving the data from/to, but the above should give you an idea of what's possible without needing a security reset.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”