Request for on line version of Book of Mormon in Catalan

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
ljosbon

Request for on line version of Book of Mormon in Catalan

Post by ljosbon »

Hi all,

In 1981 the Church published a translation of the Book of Mormon in Catalan, a language predominantly spoke in North East Spain and environs.

I am a US native but a polyglot with an interest in languages. I served my mission in Chile and can read Catalan pretty well. (being a romance language it has many similarities also to Spanish and Romance tongues). I use the LDS.org study tools and enjoy reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish on line.

Pardon the long background but my question is this -- Will LDS.org ever add Catalan to the list of on line languages for the scriptures -- particularly the Book of Mormon which as I noted was published to hardcopy in 1981. I have a hardcopy somewhere but misplaced it. Would love to access it on line.

Any comments or projections?

Thanks,

Brother Osbon
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Welcome to the Forum!

Your best bet to get your request in front of the programmers and developers is to post a feedback on lds.org. Some of them review these posts, but most of us are users trying to help each other. All feedback posts on lds.org are reviewed by the appropriate people - this forum post may not be.

There is always a need for volunteers to help with translations, so perhaps you could use your skills to further the work in this area.
ljosbon

Thanks for the reply

Post by ljosbon »

Thank you for your reply. I will follow your advice and post my question to the feedback at LDS.org

Kind regards,

Brother Osbon

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”