Leader and Clerk Resources top menu does not work well in touch screen environments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
marvinhenry

Leader and Clerk Resources top menu does not work well in touch screen environments

Post by marvinhenry »

The sub-menu item seem to only appear when a mouse cursor hovers or rolls over the top menu items.

I am specifically experiencing problems on Windows Phone 8 but I would think this does not work well in other touch screen environments as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What I see under Android is that tapping the item causes the menu to briefly appear. If I do it again, it stays up to allow me to select something. I don't have that problem with the main lds.org menu.

Another item I found - the application menu is really close to the church logo. It's too easy to fat finger your way to the main lds.org page as I did it several times.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

We haven't tested on Windows 8 phone yet, but we do test on iPad, iPhone, and Android (native browsers only).

We're working on making the Clerk Resources application more mobile-friendly in general (responsive design, etc.), and hope to have that in production in the near future.

I can only speak for the Clerk Resources application (the Leader application is a different team, but has a similar menu). Is the URL "lds.org/leader/<something>" or is it "lds.org/mls/<something>" when you experience the problem? Can you post or PM the URL for the screen where you see this problem?
...tapping the item causes the menu to briefly appear. If I do it again, it stays up to allow me to select something...
I haven't experienced the menu briefly appearing, requiring you to click again. Do you mind sharing the name/type of device you're using when you see that behavior?
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jkitterman wrote:
...tapping the item causes the menu to briefly appear. If I do it again, it stays up to allow me to select something...
I haven't experienced the menu briefly appearing, requiring you to click again. Do you mind sharing the name/type of device you're using when you see that behavior?

Droid 4, using the native browser.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

Thanks for the update. Which version of Android are you running?
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jkitterman wrote:Thanks for the update. Which version of Android are you running?
I can't speak for RussellHltn, but I experience the exact same thing where I have to tap twice. I'm on Gingerbread (2.3).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”