Stake Clerk

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mklobaas

Stake Clerk

Post by mklobaas »

Brethren,

This forum has been very helpful for me over the last couple of years.

I am a stake clerk and for the first time have the budget responsibilites.:(

It appears that we will not use all of our allocated funds for the 2012 year. I am assuming that the excess amount will carry forward to our 2013 balance and will be available for the 2013 budget.

I need someone to confirm my impression.

Also, in what forum does the stake budget get approved? Stake PEC?

Many thanks,

Michael Klobas
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Yes, your funds will carry-over. The Stake President should make a decision on whether the carry-over is excessive in which case you'll want to cut a check and forward that to Church Headquarters.

The Stake Budget is approved by the Stake President. The amounts that a Ward or Branch receive are approved by the Stake President. A Ward or Branch budget is approved by the Bishop or Branch President. Any other council involved is only making recommendations/suggestions.

Handbook 1 will give you some guidance around budgeting and previous budgets will as well.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
mklobaas

Post by mklobaas »

Thank you very much.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”