No access to Lesson Schedules

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
kirtkennedy

No access to Lesson Schedules

Post by kirtkennedy »

For the past 2 days no access to Lesson Schedules. Is the app down? Others in the Ward having same difficulty...getting the endless spinning wheel.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Lesson Schedules is working fine for me. So the app is clearly not down.

However, the fact that you and "others in the ward" are having the same difficulty might point to a problem with your ward's data. Do you know of anyone in the ward that can use Lesson Schedules, or does it have this problem for everyone? And does the problem happen immediately upon accessing Lesson Schedules, or is it when you do some particular operation in the application?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

I'm just getting the spinner as well (to clarify, it's not the browser loading spinner, the page starts to load, but in the main body of the app there's a javascript spinner that never clears, so all you get is the shell of the page). In firebug I'm seeing a 302 response to one of the scripts that the page is loading, that's likely the issue. Some may have a cached copy of the script so the page may continue to work for them until that expires (so if it's working for you, DON'T clear your cache, or you will likely lose it and start getting the spinner).
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mstauff wrote:I'm just getting the spinner as well (to clarify, it's not the browser loading spinner, the page starts to load, but in the main body of the app there's a javascript spinner that never clears, so all you get is the shell of the page). In firebug I'm seeing a 302 response to one of the scripts that the page is loading, that's likely the issue. Some may have a cached copy of the script so the page may continue to work for them until that expires (so if it's working for you, DON'T clear your cache, or you will likely lose it and start getting the spinner).

I cleared my cache as well (our ward isn't really using the Lesson Schedules so I didn't really care if it stopped working) and now I'm getting the same error (I didn't before clearing the cache). It looks like the https://secure.lds.org/stats/s_code_ldsall.js script is redirecting to outofservice.lds.org. It looks like both the calendar and directory get this file from https://edge.ldscdn.org/30/scripts/s_code_ldsall.js instead. Assuming both are supposed to be using the same version of that file it seems like this should be a pretty easy fix.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

It's back up now for me, looks like that script is back up.
kirtkennedy

Post by kirtkennedy »

it's back up for me as well. Same for other ward members
mevans

Post by mevans »

It worked for me yesterday, but not this morning. It's working again for me now.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”