No Family History Class Available

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
susaincham

No Family History Class Available

Post by susaincham »

Love the new ward/stake set up, but was a bit disappointed when I didn't see Family History listed as a class. Do we have a way to add it - I couldn't see one?

Of course you know I am a Family History Constulant...

Thanks, Susie
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Any Lesson Schedules administrator can add a new class. For your ward, I'd recommend that you contact the ward clerk as a good starting point to find out who usually handles the administration of the lesson schedules.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mevans

Post by mevans »

The Temple and Family History Guide is not currently available as a manual to use with Lesson Schedules. I believe there were some requests for this (and possibly others) a while back on the forum. I don't know if or when it will be made available.

We do know that an update to Lesson Schedules is coming (it's needed to do lessons for 2013). We'll have to wait and see if that manual is available in the new version.
greenwoodkl

Re: No Family History Class Available

Post by greenwoodkl »

It does not appear that the Temple and Family History material is available in Lesson Schedules yet. Any ETA or reasoning why it is available on the Instructions for Curriculum, but not in the application?
genman

Re: No Family History Class Available

Post by genman »

aebrown wrote:Any Lesson Schedules administrator can add a new class.
Yes, and administrators include "bishoprics, clerks, executive secretaries, and ward website administrators".
mevans wrote:The Temple and Family History Guide is not currently available as a manual to use with Lesson Schedules.
Maybe not readily available. But it can be made into a class on Lesson Schedules. It just requires one of the above administrators to manually create the class and add the URL links for each of the lessons. It can be done, and the students can then click on links for each week's class, with a look and feel somewhat similar to other lesson schedules.
GreenwoodKL wrote:It does not appear that the Temple and Family History material is available in Lesson Schedules yet. Any ETA or reasoning why it is available on the Instructions for Curriculum, but not in the application?
No official ETA that I know of on when it will be readily available. But it is AVAILABLE TODAY if you get one of your ward administrators above to manually set it up for your ward. I would talk to the following people in your ward, in this order, until you get the Family History Class as an online Lesson Schedule for your ward:

Ward website administrator (if you have one)
Ward Clerk
Ward Executive Secretary
Bishopric Counselors
Bishop (only to ask him who is supposed to be the Focal for online Lesson Schedules admin; but beware, he might feel inspired to make you the ward website administrator)

Return to “Lesson Schedules”