sync won't work for Google Calendar or Apple iCal

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Welcome mas288 to the forum. If you read this thread from the beginning you can see that the issue is a bit allusive and is proving to be difficult to track down. Keep an eye on this thread for possible answers. You can subscribe to the thread by clicking the menu item "Thread Tools" and then "Subscribe to this Thread..." near the top of this thread window. You will get an email each time a new post is made to the thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bbennion

Post by bbennion »

ramonc wrote:Just an FYI suggestion - I have the same problem where syncing does not work. You many want to try Windows Start Button, Computer, and paste your link in there at the top. That has worked for me in the past to get it to download a file. You may need to create a new sync URL.

tried it with several new urls. Still nothing.
It appears that there are users that are successfully syncing. Can you tell us what your setup is?
what browser, device, OS. It would be nice to narrow this down a bit.

I have tried it on windows XP, windows 7, fedora core 17 all using firefox. Maybe that is the issue...
This is the error that I have been receiving for the last two days.

Settings Error
The address that you provided did not contain a calendar in a valid iCal or GData format.
bbennion

Additional testing with xp and internet explorer fails as well

Post by bbennion »

I attempted to the sync by url again. This time by using windows XP and internet explorer. Again, the same error as described above. This is just the church wide calendar, I am unsubscribed to all other calendars.
The test this morning was with a new sync url. any more ideas :confused:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My sync which has been working isn't working from a browser either. I've PMed Lisa to ask if the sync system is down.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Yeah, we know and it's in the queue to be worked on. We are just a wee bit swamped right now. Thanks for your patience.
QA Engineer
bbennion

queue priority

Post by bbennion »

Thank you for your response. What could be more important than a sync'd calendar on my phone? :)
Seriously though, is there anything that I can help test?
andrewpalmer

Any idea on the timing of it?

Post by andrewpalmer »

I am happy to be patient, but just wondering if you would be able to forecast when you expect to get the syncing issue fixed?

At present, I am successfully able to 'sync' the calendar framework into my google calendar, but unable to sync the actual events of my lds.org calendar aren't coming with it.

Thanks for everything.
Andrew
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

ramonc wrote:Just an FYI suggestion - I have the same problem where syncing does not work. You many want to try Windows Start Button, Computer, and paste your link in there at the top. That has worked for me in the past to get it to download a file. You may need to create a new sync URL.
This no longer works for me. I am really out of luck until it gets fixed. It was good while it lasted. :mad:
mwgrover

Post by mwgrover »

Just thought I would chime in and add my voice to the chorus - I am unable to sync to iCal and have been for several days.

Using an iMac. Tried downloading with both Safari and Chrome.

I also have a 32 digit character at the end of my sync URL.
talbotje

Post by talbotje »

Ditto here. I use iCal and iCloud on a Mac to sync with the Stake Calendar and then have it on my iPhone and iPad - something that has been working for many months and which is a wonderful feature of the new Church technologies. Like many others are reporting here, however, synchronization stopped several days back and I haven't been able to get it going again since. Just waiting patiently for a fix.... :)

Return to “Calendar”