Add Editor/Viewer Drop-Down List Transparency

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Add Editor/Viewer Drop-Down List Transparency

Post by jdlessley »

This issue applies to adding viewers/editors to a calendar. When the drop-down list of names (by name) or position (by calling) is displayed the list alternates row background colors, white and a light brown (the color is actually hard to tell because it is so light or transparent). The white color has a high transparency that shows the underlying text beneath the drop-down text. When a white row of drop-down text overlays the underlying text it makes it hard to differentiate the drop-down text from the underlying text.

As an example, I have a Young Women calendar that I need to add another calendar editor. There are currently four positions listed with permissions. I want to add another editor by calling. As I begin to type the calling position the drop-down list appears as the letters I type match in some manner to available positions. Some transparent rows overlay a row of currently listed positions making the transparent row position unreadable.

While this issue can be worked through, it makes the drop-down list a bit difficult to use.

Reducing the transparency of the drop-down list, or even eliminating the transparency, would make the names or postions on the drop-down list readable.
Add_editor_drop-down_list.jpg
Add_editor_drop-down_list.jpg (39.64 KiB) Viewed 377 times
Edit: I have tested this in Firefox and Chrome with the same issue appearing.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I've logged this issue in our bug tracker.

Return to “Calendar”