Edits to recurring event don't apply

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
merrick.mccracken

Edits to recurring event don't apply

Post by merrick.mccracken »

Whenever I try to modify an existing event that repeats, the changes I make don't apply and it's as if I had done nothing. This is true whether I apply those changes to that single event, all following events, or the entire series. I end up deleting the event and then remaking it. Is this a known issue?

Merrick
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Yesterday I made dozens of edits to recurring events, and each change did apply as expected. Some of the changes were to an entire series, some to a single event, and some to all following events. And I just tested it again to be sure, and it still works fine for me.

It seems like there are two possibilities: the changes weren't actually saved, or the changes were indeed saved, but the display was not updated to reflect the changes. You could distinguish between those by refreshing the page using your browser's refresh/reload button.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rachieroo

Re: Edits to recurring event don't apply

Post by rachieroo »

I am also having this problem. Exactly as the OP stated. I hit "Update Reservation" and it stays on the event editing screen, with my new changes in place. However, if I reload that page or go back to the calendar view, nothing has changed.

Additionally, I cannot get new recurring events to save at all anymore, although this may be a separate issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Seems like a problem we've had in the past where there is a conflict, but the conflict message doesn't make it's way to the screen. You may want to check on that angle to narrow things down.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rachieroo

Post by rachieroo »

Thanks for the reply. I shortened the reservation, so I could more easily scroll through to see conflicts, and it looks like I just can't make a recurring appointment that lasts more than about a month. Until then, it's fine. But after I extend it more than a month long, it completely disappears--even with no conflicts. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rachieroo wrote:But after I extend it more than a month long, it completely disappears--even with no conflicts. Any suggestions?
Is this event using a resource? Have you verified that nothing is using that resource, or that there isn't a "reservation" that prevents you from scheduling it?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rachieroo

Post by rachieroo »

Yes, I made it only five weeks long, once a week on Wednesdays, so that I could easily check the included Wednesdays for conflicts. That room is not reserved for anything else at those times.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rachieroo wrote:I am also having this problem. Exactly as the OP stated. I hit "Update Reservation" and it stays on the event editing screen,
You used the exact phrase "Update Reservation" which you only get when you are a building scheduler dealing with Reservations, not events. Yet you have used the terms "reservation" and "event" interchangeably.

It's very important to be clear on what we are talking about, because events and reservations are two different things (even though they do have some similarities). So are you talking about reservations or events?
failproof

Post by failproof »

One more example of why renaming Reservations to something more fitting would be a very helpful change...
failproof

Post by failproof »

My testing shows me that if you click the Update Reservation button and then if needed one of the options on the pop-up for recurring items, if it saves it will go back to the reservations calendar and won't stay on the edit screen. If it isn't doing that I would guess it isn't saving, and it's likely there is a conflict. You may have to scroll back up to see the conflict message, especially if you had to scroll down to get to the Update Reservation button.

Return to “Calendar”