MLS 3.5 and Priest Quorum President

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dentkev

MLS 3.5 and Priest Quorum President

Post by dentkev »

In our units MLS 3.5 the Priest Quorum President (Bishop) shows up in Young Men Leadership, leaving the Priest Quorum with only first and second assistant and Secretary.

Under Young Men Leadership the "Priest Quorum President" is black and doesnot have the remove option.

Under Priest Quorum. their is no standard position "Priest Quorum President" available to add.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

The Priests Quorum President is always the bishop of a ward. You can't change or remove this calling - only by changing bishops. Does that help?
Ryan Gifford
MLS
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

In MLS 3.4.3 and earlier versions the Priests Quorum organization always listed the Priests Quorum President with the bishop's name and information in the Leadership Callings of that organization. dentkev is observing that in MLS 3.5 that the Priest Quorum President position is now listed in the Leadership Callings section of Young Men Leaders organization with the bishop's name and information. While the Leadership Callings section of Priests Quorum organization has the Priest Quorum President position listed, it is not filled (with the bishop's name and information). So the Priests Quorum President position is listed twice in MLS 3.5. There is one in the Leadership Callings section of the Young Men organization with the bishop's name and one in the Leadership Callings section of the Priests Quorum organization with no name.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't seen this, and don't see it on the 3.5.0_21059, which was released today. It could be a specific data issue with a unit though. Are other units seeing this? PM me your unit numbers and I will check it out.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
dentkev

Mls 3.5.0_21059

Post by dentkev »

Our unit updated to MLS 3.5.0_21059 today Sunday Nov 4. The problem is still there. I will PM you.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The problem is that the priests quorum president is that way in CDOL too. We have a script to fix positions in the wrong organizations that we have started running for some units. I ran it against your unit in our test environment and it didn't solve the problem. Today I have a few changes I need to work on, so I'll work on this fix as well. Once I have that is working and we run it for your unit I can send you down a CDOL refresh file that will clean it up.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”