Preferred names through clerk resources.

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
redleaf

Preferred names through clerk resources.

Post by redleaf »

I am having a little bit of trouble with preferred name through clerk resources. In the mls program all members have a preferred name but when going through the clerk resources in the LDS site everything is by given name. Does any one know how I can have the preferred names show in the clerk resources??
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Hmm. I see only preferred names in Clerk Resources. I wonder why your experience might be different. Could it be a regional setting? Are you outside the United States? (I am in the US.)
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

On the member list I see only preferred names. When I look at the individual Member Information I now see the given name at the top and further down the form I can see the preferred name also. It seems to me this is the way it should be displaying.
redleaf

Post by redleaf »

aebrown wrote:Hmm. I see only preferred names in Clerk Resources. I wonder why your experience might be different. Could it be a regional setting? Are you outside the United States? (I am in the US.)

Ok. On the members list it does show preferred names. Really the part i'm having trouble with is the birthday list. The birthday list is for me in given name. The trouble i am having is when giving the list to anyone that needs the birthday list. I have been cutting and pasting the list so that I only give preferred names on the list. Now under the attendance section it gives the list in preferred names. So it looks like everything under reports/membership is given name. I have always used MLS and just started to use clerk resources. I do find its really helpful when members call me and Im at home and not having to run to the church. I am located in the US, Utah.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”