MLS 3.5 Upgrade - Change in 2011 Carry Forward Balance

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
fernsten

MLS 3.5 Upgrade - Change in 2011 Carry Forward Balance

Post by fernsten »

After upgrading to MLS 3.5 our 2011 Carry Forward Balance has seen a sizable increase. Is there any reason for this? I don't remember reading anything in the release notes that would suggest this number should change.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

fernsten wrote:After upgrading to MLS 3.5 our 2011 Carry Forward Balance has seen a sizable increase. Is there any reason for this? I don't remember reading anything in the release notes that would suggest this number should change.
Have you compared your current MLS figures with your most recent Unit Financial Statement? It could be that MLS 3.5 corrected a previous problem, and so now it's finally correct. It's also possible that MLS 3.5 introduced a problem, but I prefer to go with the more positive assumption first. :)
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
fernsten

Post by fernsten »

aebrown wrote:Have you compared your current MLS figures with your most recent Unit Financial Statement? It could be that MLS 3.5 corrected a previous problem, and so now it's finally correct. It's also possible that MLS 3.5 introduced a problem, but I prefer to go with the more positive assumption first. :)

I tried a quick lookover today (didn't have too much time to dig around), but I couldn't find where the numbers tied in. Of course, if we do have extra money I'm sure that no one would complain. I'll take a closer look at church tomorrow. As always, thanks for the reply aebrown.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”