Adding Editor Rights in the New Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rbunker

Adding Editor Rights in the New Calendar

Post by rbunker »

I've followed the below instructions to try and add the Stake YW Secretary as a Calendar Editor:

-Go to Settings>Calendar
-Click the Calendar Name
-Click the "Add New Person" button
-Type in "Stake Young Women Secretary," select "By Calling" and then "View and Edit" in the Permissions field
-Click "Save"

The calling (authority to edit) doesn't appear in the Viewers/Editors window even a day after entry.

What am I doing wrong?

Bob Bunker
St Paul Minnesota Stake Executive Secretary
Unit 508233
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Go into CDOL and make sure that the "Stake Young Women Secretary" is attributed to the right person and the text is not orange (which signifys a custom calling and not a standard calling)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rbunker wrote:-Type in "Stake Young Women Secretary," select "By Calling" and then "View and Edit" in the Permissions field
Now that I re-read it, I see the error. You need to click the word "Add" that's on the same line. It's not obvious that it's a button or a hyperlink.

I've reported the UI bug to the developers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rbunker

Post by rbunker »

Thanks for the help. The calling now appears just as it should.

Bob Bunker
St Paul Stake Executive Secretary

Return to “Calendar”