Calender entries off by one hour

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
kirtkennedy

Calender entries off by one hour

Post by kirtkennedy »

I noticed today that my LDS tools calendar times on recent entries are one hour later than the entries I made on the calendar in LDS.org.... I double checked to be sure I set the correct time when I set up the event on my laptop computer. I think it could be a time zone problem. I'm in California (PST) and Utah is (MST). Is anyone else seeing this problem? I have v2.1.1 on my iphone 4s.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The first thing I'd do is check that you have the correct time zone, daylight savings settings, and time on your main computer. And then double-check the calendar on lds.org.

You might even check on another computer to be sure. Only then would I suspect a problem with LDS Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

kirtkennedy wrote:I noticed today that my LDS tools calendar times on recent entries are one hour later than the entries I made on the calendar in LDS.org.... I double checked to be sure I set the correct time when I set up the event on my laptop computer. I think it could be a time zone problem. I'm in California (PST) and Utah is (MST). Is anyone else seeing this problem? I have v2.1.1 on my iphone 4s.

I had the same problem in the UK. Our DST finished last weekend Oct 28th. After the time change, I did a sync and all the times reverted to their correct state.

I had noticed the problem prior to DST change, any times after the time change were out by an hour! I must admit I didn't notice if this problem affected my PC, as I tend to use the Calender in LDSTools (IOS). This problem has been reported to the developers of LDSTools (IOS).

If you were noticing the problem in the online Calendar, this might throw a different light on the cause!
kirtkennedy

Post by kirtkennedy »

The time is correct on LDS.org but shows as I hr later on Tools. Since these events are "reacuring" and will span across the change in Day-light-savings perhaps this is part of the problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kirtkennedy wrote:The time is correct on LDS.org but shows as I hr later on Tools. Since these events are "reacuring" and will span across the change in Day-light-savings perhaps this is part of the problem?

Could be. Let's see what happens come Sunday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kirtkennedy

Post by kirtkennedy »

I don't think it's connected to "reoccurring" events. I set up a dummy event, not reoccurring, using a different calendar on LDS.org calendar. Everything is correct on that calendar. However when I re sync'd LDS tools on my iphone the event appears 1 hour later.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”