Missionary Phone numbers on maps

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
ericwalsh

Missionary Phone numbers on maps

Post by ericwalsh »

I know that the church has an extensive missionary referral system. I witnessed it first hand on my mission. It would still be nice if you could accessthe phone number of missionaries in a ward off of your map/meetinghouse locatorsite. That way I could not just refer aperson but also follow-up on the referral with the assigned missionaries inthat area.

I just referred a client of mine, but I felt it important tocontact the missionaries in that area in person to relate the information thatI had. I was able to do it but it could havebeen so much easier if their phone number was provided with the assigned unitinformation on the general meeting house locator maps page.
Thankyou,
Eric

kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

ericwalsh wrote:It would still be nice if you could access the phone number of missionaries in a ward off of your map/meetinghouse locator site. That way I could not just refer a person but also follow-up on the referral with the assigned missionaries in that area.
Welcome to the forum!
As you know, many of us are forum members like yourself, and not developers or church employees. I'm not sure why missionary information is not displayed, but the mission office that covers the area is.

Is the following helpful?

Maps will offer a meetinghouse location, and might give a local bishop's contact information under the "leadership" tab, who probably would be willing to refer you to either his ward missionaries or the full-time ones.

Additionally, looking under the "assigned" tab on that meetinghouse location, you find a link to the mission contact info that is assigned to that area. Selecting this pulls up the mission office's address and phone number. If you call it, surely they will assist you in the way they feel is best for their missionaries in that area and your investigator.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”