Sony EVI-D 70 port settings

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
StanleyCooper

Sony EVI-D 70 port settings

Post by StanleyCooper »

I have recently bought Sony EVI-D 70 camera. I have bought USB 485C to control the camera and I am using EVID 70 commander for controlling the camera, but even after changing the port settings I am always getting the same error (IF_Clear Error Port) on using the commander. Please help. Or there is any other cheap way to control. Thanks in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to look at this post for some ideas on getting RS-422 to work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

Why not try the RS-232 connection. I'm using that with a very long ethernet cable to my computer and it works like a champ.
StanleyCooper

Post by StanleyCooper »

@RussellHltn - I already went through that thread. I am facing port conflict (not able to match serial port). In the instruction manual of Sony EVI-D70, it is mentioned to use AWG 18 to 28 cables, do I need special kind of cables, because presently I am using ethernet cable between camera and RS 422 to USB converter.

@harddrive - I have already bought RS 422 converter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

stanleycooper wrote:do I need special kind of cables, because presently I am using ethernet cable between camera and RS 422 to USB converter.

No, RS-422 is happy with many kinds of cable. However, I would put the TX on a color pair and the RX on a color pair. For example, the TX on the Orange/White & White/Orange pair. If you mix the colors (such as TX on Orange/White and Blue/White) then you might right into problems at long distances.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”