YW Personal Progress Site Help

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mevans

YW Personal Progress Site Help

Post by mevans »

Is there any online help or other guides available for the YW Personal Progress site?

Looking here:
https://ue.ldschurch.org/ldsapphelp/
I only see calendar, directory, lesson schedules, and newsletter.

I did a quick search at the wiki and didn't find documentation.

It looks like there is an LDS Tech broadcast that covers it. I haven't tried watching it yet, as I just found it.

I'm meeting with the YW board in November to teach them about church technology and this is one of the things the YW president asked about. From what I've been able to read, there's a leader view (which I can't access as an assistant clerk), but there isn't much documentation about the Personal Progress app anywhere I've found.

I'll have to try getting with a YW leader or bishopric member to get a look at the tracking site.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:Is there any online help or other guides available for the YW Personal Progress site?

The Personal Progress site doesn't use the same help mechanism as the Calendar/Directory/Newsletter/Lesson Schedules. But on its home page, it does have a Getting Started page, as well as a fairly extensive Frequently Asked Questions section.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

mevans wrote:Is there any online help or other guides available for the YW Personal Progress site?
There is a one page guide here for the personal progress site, but may not go into the detail you want.
It's found with the other one page"getting Started"guides in the wiki, including one for the youth site, and the calendar and the newsletter, all of which the YW should be aware of.
tomjoht

help for personal progress

Post by tomjoht »

Currently, the FAQ page is probably the most help material that's available. https://www.lds.org/young-women/personal-progress/frequently-asked-questions?lang=eng. I'll contact the project manager to see if their team is interested in a more robust help solution. I'm curious to know more about the type of help material you're looking for -- Online help, printable guides, short quick reference guides, video tutorials, or all of the above?
mevans

Post by mevans »

Well, after I asked the YW president more, she indicated that most of the girls prefer not to use the online version. She said those who needed to access it knew how to do so. Therefore, I'm not digging into this more now, as it's been dropped from my agenda.

My main interest in help was to understand the Parent and Leader views and what they did, as my purpose is to train people on how to use things to facilitate technology adoption of the church-provided applications. When I can't access the tool or see help about how it works, it's more difficult. Even as a male, I found out I can work toward my YW recognition :)

I'm going to try to find out more about why the girls don't want to use the online application. In my ward, I doubt it would be due to lack of computer or Internet access. I was just realizing more deeply this morning how fabulous some of the online tools are. No, they aren't perfect, but they enable some things that just weren't possible a few years ago. I'm on the church web site nearly every day because of the tools. That wasn't the case 1-2 years ago.

Return to “Main Church Website”