MLS 3.5 and Scout Committee

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rpyne

MLS 3.5 and Scout Committee

Post by rpyne »

With the moving of the Scout Committee to the Young Men leadership, we can no longer enter females as members of the Scout Committee. Has there been a policy change that sisters (mothers) can no longer serve on the Scout Committee?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rpyne wrote:Has there been a policy change that sisters (mothers) can no longer serve on the Scout Committee?
I don't have MLS 3.5 installed yet so I am not seeing this issue yet. But the answer to this question is no. There has not been a policy change. The composition of the Scouting Committee can be found in Scouting Handbook for Church Units in the United States, Revised June 2012, section 4.3.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

We have a fix for this. Here's what happened - the Scouting org now shows under Young Men Leaders in MLS 3.5. This caused the gender filters that apply to Young Men Leaders to then apply to Scouting. Thanks for the report.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

giffordrb wrote:We have a fix for this. Here's what happened - the Scouting org now shows under Young Men Leaders in MLS 3.5. This caused the gender filters that apply to Young Men Leaders to then apply to Scouting. Thanks for the report.
How do we get the fix?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rpyne wrote:How do we get the fix?
"We have a fix for this" means that it will be deployed in a future update to MLS 3.5. When that happens, all units on MLS 3.5 will automatically get the update.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kennard

Re: MLS 3.5 and Scout Committee

Post by kennard »

We are having the same problem with custom scout callings. We can't add females to custom scout callings because scouting is in the YM organization. Please fix it. Thanks.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

kennard wrote:We are having the same problem with custom scout callings. We can't add females to custom scout callings because scouting is in the YM organization. Please fix it. Thanks.
I am unable to reproduce this on the latest version of MLS (3.5.1). I can add females as scout committee members under the young men's organization. What version of MLS are you using? What is your unit #?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kennard wrote:We can't add females to custom scout callings because scouting is in the YM organization. Please fix it. Thanks.
I can't tell if a live MLS install will behave the same way, but check that the drop-down box in the upper right is set properly. That may be why you can't see females.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

giffordrb wrote:
kennard wrote:We are having the same problem with custom scout callings. We can't add females to custom scout callings because scouting is in the YM organization. Please fix it. Thanks.
I am unable to reproduce this on the latest version of MLS (3.5.1). I can add females as scout committee members under the young men's organization. What version of MLS are you using? What is your unit #?
My mistake - I was talking about standard, not custom positions in my post above. Custom positions in the Young Men's org are currently gender based so you will have to create the custom positions under Other Organizations for now. I know this doesn't help with reports though. I will put in a bug on this. I would suggest using a standard position in the mean time, or recreating the custom position under Other Organizations.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

This is fixed in MLS 3.5.2. The Scouting org has been moved from being a sub-organization of Young Men Leaders to residing under Other Organizations. 3.5.2 is currently under development.
Ryan Gifford
MLS

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”