Detail for Distribution Center Charges

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
clintonjjames

Detail for Distribution Center Charges

Post by clintonjjames »

I'm a new clerk going through this years expenses to let each aux know how much they spent and on what. I'm going through the Finance|View/Update Expenses report. The Distribution Center charges have no detail. There appears to be a REF number, but clicking on it does nothing more that show the row information on a page of it's own. In the purpose there is a "Distribution CE########" but I don't see where I can use this to get the detail of the distribution order.

Can anyone point the way?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Each MLS distribution center charge will have a correlating IROP (Internal Record Of Purchase) in Finance Statements. You can view the IROP to see what was purchased and charged to the ward account.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I personally try to stay on top of it by re-categorizing those distribution center charges when they come in. Most get changed to Budget:Admin but when I get an IROP that does not look like a phone charge, I open it and research until I can charge it to an auxiliary’s budget. If I can stay on top of it that way, the distribution center category is 0.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

We simplified this by creating a subcategory under Curriculum called "Other than Annual" we budgeted an amount at the beginning of the year. No matter what organization the order is for its expensed as curriculum. Each time I place an order I do a category adjustment and move the expenses to that subcategory.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”