Playing "wmv" files on the dvd

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
davidmarmolejo

Playing "wmv" files on the dvd

Post by davidmarmolejo »

I Want Burn Church Videos that are in WMV format to be read in WMV capable DVD.

But I'm using dvdflick And when I upload The Files to the program to Burn them
To the DVD it will transform them automatically to DVD format, But that is not
what i want. I want to stay on that same format becuase it requires less space and does not need converting to DVD format that takes for ever.

I see no option for on DVDflick or on the windowsmedia Burner to just Burn them
on that format, that always want to convert it .
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That's what DVDflick does. What you want is just a plain old DVD burning program. Try just drag and dropping the file to the DVD drive. Later versions of Windows has a DVD burning program built-in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

I have tried that. drag and drop many times and it still wants to convert it

how do i do that?? i have tried it even with windows explorer and still wants to convert it

Using windows XP pro 32
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Since you have DVDflick, you might try running imgburn.exe that was installed as part of it. You may have to explore the DVDflick directory to find it. It gives the option of burning a file to disk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Digital Media”