Problem with Saving Updates

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
SmithonVI

Problem with Saving Updates

Post by SmithonVI »

Hello,
I've been trying to update some members phone numbers in the on-line directory.

Problem - most numbers save fine while some numbers won't save. It seems to be completely random. In one case I was able to save a cell phone number for the wife but the system wouldn't save the household number - the timer just spins and spins until I give up. Yes, sometimes I feel like I'm spinning my wheels as well. :)

Anyone found a solution? I'm working from home on a computer running Windows Vista with IE 9.

Thanks for your time
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've seen this reported before, but we never did find out why.

I'm wondering if there's something else in the profile that the system doesn't like? Perhaps one of the other phone numbers?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SmithonVI

Post by SmithonVI »

Yes, I wondered about that so tried different combinations without any success. The profile appears fine (as much as I can see) with the visibility set at "Stake". I can go to the next name on the list and add a phone number without any problems. There are just certain names (or profiles) that the system won't accept a change for. Strange.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Could we get more details? You can send me a private message with the exact number but what I'm looking for is did you include a 1 (for long distance), use dashes or periods or even commas in the phone number? Is the area code different than the area code for the unit? As SmithonVI points out, what was the visibility set to? And what is your calling? Thanks.
QA Engineer
SmithonVI

Post by SmithonVI »

Hi LisaAn,
I've just sent you a PM with the details.
Thanks
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Thank you, SmithonVI. Now that we've discovered that this happens on households with a non-member husband I've logged this to be fixed in the next release of Directory (reference 1569). Thanks for your assistance.
QA Engineer

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”