Removing calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jhowell2000

Removing calendars

Post by jhowell2000 »

I am a stake and ward administrator. I deleted some stake calendars that were not being used. Now when I log back in to the system to create an event, the deleted calendar still shows in my choices of calendars in the edit event details screen. (It does not show in the first pop-up to create an event.) I can create an event in this deleted calendar, but then I can only see it in the week view as I can't check the calendar on the subscribed calendar button. I only tried this with a test event I scheduled in a location so I could see it in week view. I was afraid if I tried it with no location that I wouldn't be able to see it if it was indeed created.

Screen shot of calendars to choose from edit events screen:
Screen Shot 2012-10-28 at 8.30.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2012-10-28 at 8.30.28 AM.png (30.73 KiB) Viewed 637 times
Screen shot of calendars to choose from pop-up when just click on date to add event:
Screen Shot 2012-10-28 at 8.31.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2012-10-28 at 8.31.05 AM.png (15.53 KiB) Viewed 637 times
Screen shot of added test event to deleted calendar (Stake Music and Cultural Arts)
Screen Shot 2012-10-28 at 8.29.29 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2012-10-28 at 8.29.29 AM.jpg (10.83 KiB) Viewed 637 times
The calendars I deleted were called Stake Athletics, Stake Council (private) and Stake Music and Cultural Arts. The other two private calendars (Stake PEC and Stake Presidency) that show in one shot but not the other are used by the stake and I am not sure why they appear in one but not the other menu. I would assume it is because I am a building scheduler and calendar administrator, but I am not sure.

This is only a problem if someone that doesn't know the calendars have been deleted adds an event to it in the event detail screen. I don't expect it will happen.

Do I just wait the 14 days until the deleted calendars leave the system to see if that fixes it? I just deleted calendars this morning 10/28/2012.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jhowell2000 wrote:Do I just wait the 14 days until the deleted calendars leave the system to see if that fixes it? I just deleted calendars this morning 10/28/2012.

You don't have to wait 14 days. At any time you can go to the Calendars list under Settings, then go to the Deleted Calendars tab. From there you can delete permanently any soft-deleted calendar right away.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

Sometimes I just don't notice the simple things. I deleted the calendars permanently and that fixed the problem. Thanks
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I see this as an inconsistency within the interface rather than as anything intended. I added this as a bug to the calendar JIRA backlog to fix in an upcoming release.
ehallmark

Post by ehallmark »

I too am having trouble deleting calendars. I delete them and then when I refresh the page they appear again. I tried deleting it and then switching to the deleted calendar view, but as soon as I did that the deleted calendar section didn't show any calendars. Any ideas?

Return to “Calendar”