Ward Calendar Administrators, added by name, cannot be deleted.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm trying to delete an administrator by name. I've tried a couple of times over the last few days and I get the eternal spinner. Is it broken again? I've never tried this before. I am a default admin. I've tried it with Safari Mac, Firefox Mac, and Chrome Mac. All have the same problem. The Windows box isn't on at the moment, so I haven't tried Windows browsers.

I'll PM kyleq with my header information.
mikedunne

Cannot Delete Administrators

Post by mikedunne »

I am in the Bishopric and have Default Admin rights. I added several "Administrators" by Calling and cannot delete them now.

Clicking the Red X just spins forever.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mikedunne wrote:I am in the Bishopric and have Default Admin rights. I added several "Administrators" by Calling and cannot delete them now.

Clicking the Red X just spins forever.

It does appear that the problem reported earlier in this thread has resurfaced. When I look at the issue in developer tools, I see the exact same error message:
aebrown wrote:It appears that the DELETE request to the web service at https://www.lds.org/church-calendar/ser ... /adm/<unit number>/delete/ is failing with a 500 Internal Server Error.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jeremygreer

Cannot Delete Administrators

Post by jeremygreer »

I also cannot delete administrators- thinking wheel spins indefinitely.
I am a default admin, ward clerk.

Any workarounds/fixes to delete added admins?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jeremygreer wrote:I also cannot delete administrators- thinking wheel spins indefinitely.
I am a default admin, ward clerk.

Any workarounds/fixes to delete added admins?
I've reported the reappearance of the problem to the developers. The problem is clearly on the server side, and I can't imagine how there could be any workaround. We'll just have to wait for a fix.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Thanks for reporting this issue. I added this as a bug for developers to fix in an upcoming release. I also noted the issue in the help topic about adding/removing administrators.
barwillhansen

Post by barwillhansen »

I am experiencing the same problem as described earlier. I am trying to delete an administrator that I added earlier, by name. When I click on the red "X" all I get is a spinning wheel. Tried several times. Please help!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

barwillhansen wrote:I am experiencing the same problem as described earlier. I am trying to delete an administrator that I added earlier, by name. When I click on the red "X" all I get is a spinning wheel. Tried several times. Please help!
This was only logged as an issue 6 days ago, and there has been no update to the calendar in that time. We'll just have to wait until a fix can be made and deployed.

Return to “Calendar”