Out-of-unit leader access to Personal Progress site

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
ggllbb

Out-of-unit leader access to Personal Progress site

Post by ggllbb »

I'm wondering if anyone can answer my question. Our small branch has an out of unit member serving as young women's Laurel Leader. She is only able to see her home ward personal progress page and not the one for the branch where she serves. In fact, I don't think the branch president, also a out of unit leader, can get to it either. Any ideas on how to fix this, if it is even possible?
mevans

Post by mevans »

Have you ever figured out an answer to your question? Have these leaders been properly set up as out-of-unit leaders? When the out-of-unit leaders log in, do they have access to both their home ward and your branch on other sites?
ggllbb

Post by ggllbb »

mevans wrote:Have you ever figured out an answer to your question? Have these leaders been properly set up as out-of-unit leaders? When the out-of-unit leaders log in, do they have access to both their home ward and your branch on other sites?
As far as I know, they still don't have access. One of them is the branch president, so he definitely has a out of unit record, but the young women's leader, I'm not sure. I will look at that AND check with the president to see if he has access.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If the Personal Progress site functions the same as other sites and tools for out of unit leaders, then the out of unit leader needs to not only have an out of unit record recorded in MLS but also be listed with a standard position.The out of unit record for the branch president must include priesthood ordinance information. The out of unit Laurel leader must hold one of the following positions; Young Women president, counselors, and secretary; Laurel, Mia Maid, and Beehive adviser. For a Laurel leader the position would have to be Laurel Adviser.

The Personal Progress site Frequently Ask Questions page, question 11, only mentions bishop, bishopric first counselor, and bishopric second counselor and does not address branch president and presidency. I strongly suspect the branch president and presidency is included when speaking about the bishop and bishopric.

If the branch president has access to LDS.org Leader Resources for the branch then he should have access as a leader to the Personal Progress site.

If the branch president or the Laurel leader hold positions in their home unit then it is possible those positions are overriding their out of unit callings for the purpose of accessing the Personal Progress site. While it is not likely they would have dual callings, I thought I'd mention it.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Main Church Website”