Synchronization Problems Between MLS and Clerk Resources

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
danielwells

Synchronization Problems Between MLS and Clerk Resources

Post by danielwells »

Has anyone else been experiences odd data issues within the Clerk Resources web pages. Starting about two months ago we noticed that the changes we made in MLS were not syncing correctly to the Clerk Resources. For example, we changed the primary presidency abd updated the changes in MLS. The online directory got the changes fine but the entire presidency disappeared from the Clerk Resources reports. Well it sort of disappeared.

So, as you all know, the primary sections (as are the others) are divided into three main groups: the Primary Presidency, Primary (which contains everyone else) and Primary Classes. The Primary Presidency section showed all of the callings as "Calling Vacant". However under the regular Primary section, were all of the other callings are, the primary presidency was showing up near the bottom with their correct calling names (presidency was just mixed in with all of the other callings). A week later I tried to remove and re-add the president as a test to see if it fixed anything. And now the president is showing up in the right section but there are two of her. I have instances of this showing up all over the place. One of my high priest group leaders is showing vacant and in the wrong section. Several of the YW leaders and Relief Society leaders are doing the same thing.

I called MLS support and they didn't seem think anything was wrong and this it was just a side effect of the 3.5 changes. We upgraded to 3.5 yesterday and it that didn't seem to make a difference. Of course I haven't tried to remove and re-add since we have upgraded.

Has anyone else seen this and been able to fix it? I basically have really confusing online reports right now making it hard for everyone who likes to use them.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The problem of new callings (from MLS 3.4.3) not showing in the correct section is a known issue. We are working on fixing that at the CDOL level so it would show up correctly in Clerk Resources.

As far as the duplicates, now that you have upgraded to MLS 3.5 you should be able to see them in MLS and remove one from there.

I would guess that the remove and re-add should also get them in the correct section.
HansG

Post by HansG »

danielwells wrote:The Primary Presidency section showed all of the callings as "Calling Vacant". However under the regular Primary section, were all of the other callings are, the primary presidency was showing up near the bottom with their correct calling names (presidency was just mixed in with all of the other callings). A week later I tried to remove and re-add the president as a test to see if it fixed anything. And now the president is showing up in the right section but there are two of her.

Same here. On the church website, under primary, the entire presidency is duplicated, ie the pres shows up twice, 1st counselor twice, 2nd c twice, and secretary twice. All the information is correct, it is just showing up twice. It is correct in MLS. We've been on 3.5 for several days now, and there's no duplication in MLS.
danielwells

Post by danielwells »

Ok, I will check in on MLS tonight and see if there is a duplicate. However I did briefly look at all the callings after the upgrade and I didn't notice any duplicates at that time.

It's good to know that it is a known bug and someone is working on it. I just have two more questions then:

1. Do I have to do anything to fix it myself after the fix is implemented or will the problem just go away?
2. Is there an ETA on the fix? I have been seeing this for probably close to 2 months now.

Thanks for your help. I love all the emphasis that is currently being placed on web based tools. You guys are doing great work.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”