Hymns with scalable fonts?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
cntaylor

Hymns with scalable fonts?

Post by cntaylor »

I would like to print out a couple of hymns for stake conference on a sheet of paper. I would like to scale the hymns to maximize their size while still fitting two onto a page. Is there a way to get electronic copies of the hymns (a pdf file, for example) that has scalable fonts in it? Using lds.org, I was able to print the hymns to a pdf file, which I was able to combine into a single page as required, but when printed, the quality is not as high as I would like (the words show aliasing, the classic sign of re-sizing a picture rather than something with scalable fonts.) Is there an easy way to create high-quality print-outs of the hymns at different sizes?

Thanks,
Clark Taylor
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

If I print from

http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmu ... seqend=ZZZ

and choose a PDF destination, I'm able to increase the font size and it's still very clear.

I usually use the 'snapshot' tool in the pdf reader and then drag out a region as close as I can to the music I want to print and then chose 'fit' for my sizing options in the print dialog and it prints the image as large as it can to the paper size I selected and is totally clear. No anti-aliasing.

However, if I try to copy/paste the image to a word doc and print from there, it looks pixelated.

You can send a private message to me (via the profile) if you need more specifics.

Return to “Main Church Website”