Incorrect/Misleading info in Directory Help Pages?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
frostyfrog

Incorrect/Misleading info in Directory Help Pages?

Post by frostyfrog »

&quot wrote:As long as you are 18 years or older, you can change the e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and photos for your overall household and for individual members of your household.
I'm older than 18, and yet, the edit buttons that it keeps talking about are not there. I'm assuming this is also because I'm not the head of the household, but I think that the help page should mention that if it's the case... Also, even though I set (in my profile) to show my email in the ward directory, it doesn't appear. I think it may be related to the mentioned problem I was having in the first place. Either that, or it's some DB caching voodoo magic stuff going on. :p

Hope this is the right place ;)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This has come up before. I'll forward the suggestion to the developers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

@frostyfrog: how much older than 18 are you? If it's just a few days, then the system hasn't caught up with you yet. If it's more than 1 month, please check with your ward clerk to make sure your information is correct. Thanks.
QA Engineer
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

LisaAn wrote:@frostyfrog: how much older than 18 are you? If it's just a few days, then the system hasn't caught up with you yet. If it's more than 1 month, please check with your ward clerk to make sure your information is correct. Thanks.
LisaAn, if I understand the implication of your question correctly, you're saying that any member of a household who is over 18 (allowing several extra days for the system to acknowledge someone has turned 18) has the same profile editing rights on the Directory as the head of household. They don't have to be the head of household or spouse. Is that correct?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
frostyfrog

Post by frostyfrog »

@RussellHltn: "At best you'd be able to control the visibility of your email, individual telephone number and add a photo." not even able to do that as far as I can tell. Also, I can't believe I didn't think of searching the forums first. I mean, if I'm always searching the Archlinux forums, then I should at least think to search the others, right?

@LisaAn: I turned 18 in June, and I've made sure my info is correct (lds.org says my birth year is 1994 after all)

@aebrown, I was just expecting to at least edit the info under my own name (adding my email address and maybe a picture). None of that is available though (from what I can tell). That wording in the help docs is misleading :( Also, in response to your posts in the other topic: "of your household" normally it would be assumed for the household you live in. And I agree, it should be clarified. heh, oh well.

Oh well, looks like I have to do things from my dad's account, password guessing away! :P <--(I use this as kind of a mini-lol or a joking face)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm getting the impression that this isn't the intended result and it's a bug. We'll have to see.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

@frostyfrog: Just to clarify, when you set your visibility are you choosing Stake, Ward or Leadership only? Thanks.
QA Engineer
frostyfrog

Post by frostyfrog »

The only visibility option that I can see is under account settings:
Ward Directory E-mail
*snip*
Show my e-mail in the online ward directory: Yes
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

frostyfrog wrote:The only visibility option that I can see is under account settings:

That's under your account settings (ldsaccount.lds.org)

I belive that LisaAn is asking about the settings IN the directory. But I suspect that you don't see those edit options. See Change Privacy Settings for Members.

frostyfrog

Post by frostyfrog »

RussellHltn wrote:That's under your account settings (ldsaccount.lds.org)

I belive that LisaAn is asking about the settings IN the directory. But I suspect that you don't see those edit options. See Change Privacy Settings for Members.

You are completely correct. The only thing related to privacy options that I can see are the help page that you linked, and the privacy policy.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”