Old manuals

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
sfraser-p40

Old manuals

Post by sfraser-p40 »

Stored in our clerks office are Priesthood/Relief Society class manuals for the past five years. What is normally done with these? They take up room that could be used for other things yet I'm reluctant to throw them away.
nmecantwin73

Return them...

Post by nmecantwin73 »

A couple of years ago, we had the same issue (including a case of Brigham Young manuals), so I just loaded up the car and returned everything to Distribution Services. They took everything and credited the ward's account. I figure if they can't use them, then they will recycle them.

Now that's easy to do here in the Salt Lake valley, so I'm not sure for those outside Utah. Perhaps a call to Distribution Services can lead you in the right direction (
1-800-537-5971).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

njcant1 wrote:so I just loaded up the car and returned everything to Distribution Services.
Cool! We're too far away to do that. Around here they go on a table with a sign that says "Free".

I would probably make sure the library has one copy each. It might be handy for someone.
supermanforever

Post by supermanforever »

I have tried handing them out to families, then using the "free table", and as a last resort I drive down to the local Deseret Industries.
jwnice

Extra Manuals

Post by jwnice »

Once a year we put up a table and place old and extra manuals, copies of Church magazines, etc. There is a sign that they are free to a good home. They are typically gone within two weeks.

JWNice
30 yrs and still going

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”