Access Denied on Calandar and Directory

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ramonc

Access Denied on Calandar and Directory

Post by ramonc »

I can no longer get to my calendar or directory info. I am state exec secretary. This all happened after I went into indexing.familysearch.org and removed myself as administrator for indexing. I used to have that job but no longer, so I removed it and am now just an indexer. Not sure what an administrator for indexing has to do with access to calendars and directory but I am dead in the water. Please help soon.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Could you be more specific as to what is happening and what you are seeing? The reason I ask is that I have been experiencing intermittent access denied messages after logging on to LDS.org and then trying to go to the Calendar. With persistence and patience I was able to get the application to load. But it took about 10 minutes of trying and retrying different methods of access the application. It is possible there could be server issues. If it is server related then it could be temporary. Try it again.

I just checked again and I did not have any further problems.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

jdlessley wrote:Could you be more specific as to what is happening and what you are seeing? The reason I ask is that I have been experiencing intermittent access denied messages after logging on to LDS.org and then trying to go to the Calendar. With persistence and patience I was able to get the application to load. But it took about 10 minutes of trying and retrying different methods of access the application. It is possible there could be server issues. If it is server related then it could be temporary. Try it again.

I just checked again and I did not have any further problems.
get sign in page
enter user name
enter password
get page that says "Access Denied" both calendar and directory
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

So you are:
  1. Signing into LDS.org by clicking "Sign In/Tools" and then clicking "Sign In" in the drop-down menu.
  2. Completing the sign in on the Sign In page.
  3. Selecting the tool Directory or Calendar from the Tools drop-down menu and then getting the "Access Denied" page.
Is this correct?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I saw it for a little while tonight, but I was able to get back in now and use the site just fine.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ramonc wrote:get page that says "Access Denied" both calendar and directory
Typically that's due to either your account not being associated with a membership number, or your records are not currently in a ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I've sometimes observed problems with church tools if I go directly to the tool without first signing in. If you go directly to the tool (either by typing in the URL or by choosing Tools --> Item), you will go to the sign in page and after signing in, it redirects you back to the page you selected, but sometimes that page doesn't work properly. Have you tried signing in first (Tools --> Sign in) and then choosing the tool you want to access? That's always the first thing I check when things don't work. Sometimes it's the solution.

Return to “Calendar”