Calendar Administrator Can't Edit Private Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dfchamplain

Calendar Administrator Can't Edit Private Calendar

Post by dfchamplain »

One of the clerk's is a calendar administrator, but when he goes to edit a private calendar, it only shows him view status and does not allow him to edit it. He can edit other private calendars, but it is just this one that is causing him problems. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Has he added himself as a editor?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

Yes, it shows edit and view next to his calling on that particular calendar. But the one of the title menus next to the calendar name says "View Only"
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As a workaround, you could try adding him as a editor by name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dfchamplain wrote:One of the clerk's is a calendar administrator, but when he goes to edit a private calendar, it only shows him view status and does not allow him to edit it.
I have to ask some obvious questions that have not been asked or clarified. Should he have edit rights to the calendar? Has he been given edit rights explicitly? Just by being an administrator does not give him edit or even view rights to private calendars. Even administrators must be added with view rights or edit rights to private calendars once the calendar has been approved by an administrator.

It may be that he was given edit rights to the other private calendars but only view rights to this one. Someone with edit rights can check to see what rights he has been given.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Has your unit updated MLS to version 3.5? There have been issues with CDOL/MLS related to callings for some units that have upgraded that do not have the latest patch (version 3.5_21021) for MLS 3.5. This is only a far possibility. That is why I ask.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
imcurtis

Post by imcurtis »

I seem to be having the same or similar issue. I actually have two issues.

1) Someone in the ward created a calendar for each of the YM quorums. This is a good idea. They left this calendar set as private, not so good. Now they have moved away from our ward. They have all of the YM leaders by calling set as view edit but none of them can change the calendar from private to entire unit. I am the ward clerk and can see the calendar and can see the issue but I can't edit it. This is good as it is a private calendar. But the YM also can't add me as an editor. So we are stuck with two calendars that people can add events to but no one can see them.

2) I am by calling an editor on another calendar that I did not create. I am unable to edit the core elements of the calendar so I am unable to change this from private to public. This leads me to believe this is the same issue as the YM calendar.

On calendars that I did create I am able to change and edit the core elements of the calendar even though I deleted myself (by name) from the calendar and added my calling as an editor. And one other tidbit. By calling I am a view editor of a public calendar. We would like to change this to private. When I try I get a popup that says I will lose edit ability if I change this to private.

Seems to me if we set a person as view edit they should be able to change the core of the calendar or when a person is released or moves we lose the ability to manage any calendar they create.

We are on the current version of MLS on the ward PC.

What to do? We need to open the YM calendars from public access and we want to move one of the public calendars to private.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

imcurtis wrote:I am the ward clerk and can see the calendar and can see the issue but I can't edit it.
That's odd. As a ward clerk, you should be a default admin for your ward. Have you verified your calling is recorded correctly by going to the CDOL? I'm a default admin for our stake and it appears I can change private stake calendar to public even though I'm not a editor and I didn't create them.

imcurtis

Re: Calendar Administrator Can't Edit Private Calendar

Post by imcurtis »

yes I have checked and my calling is correct in CDOL.

Return to “Calendar”