Week View problem

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

Week View problem

Post by RBeatse »

When in week view, if two events are right after each other on the same calendar, then the names that shows on them is both events. If you click one, the details have the information correct, but on the calendar itself, it shows like they are the same event.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Yes, I see that, too. I can't figure out precisely what the factors are that make it happen, but here's a scenario where I can duplicate the problem at will. First, create two events that are right next to each other in time. They don't have to be on the same calendar, or even in the same building. For my test I chose a "Presidency Meeting" followed by "YW Volleyball" (which use different rooms):
Overlap2.png
Overlap2.png (5.32 KiB) Viewed 1725 times
So far, so good. But then I change the YW Volleyball event to have 15 minutes of setup time. The result is certainly confusing:
Overlap1.png
Overlap1.png (3.1 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
Note that I had to fake the hover text since my screen capture tool can't capture hover text. But notice that the title of both events is now what is shown in the hover text for both events: "Presidency MeetingYW Volleyball" -- both titles concatenated.

In other cases in my real calendar events I sometimes see this happening when the events are simply one right after another, with no overlap caused by setup or cleanup time. But in my first attempts to duplicate this from scratch, I couldn't get adjoining events to show the problem until I set some setup time.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've noticed that as well. But it only seems to affect the hover text.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:I've noticed that as well. But it only seems to affect the hover text.
As you can see from my screen shots (and as I have experienced in multiple cases), it also affects the title as displayed in the event itself in Week view. It's not limited to the hover text.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

aebrown wrote:As you can see from my screen shots (and as I have experienced in multiple cases), it also affects the title as displayed in the event itself in Week view. It's not limited to the hover text.

That is what I see on mine and it also does nto need to be with overlapping times, just ones that start as soon as the other ends. I'm glad I am not alone in seeing this (that is what usually happens)
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

RBeatse wrote:That is what I see on mine and it also does nto need to be with overlapping times, just ones that start as soon as the other ends. I'm glad I am not alone in seeing this (that is what usually happens)

Since others see this, is there a ticket that needs to be opened to get this fixed, or do I assume that it is taken care of?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Nice catch. I've logged this issue for consideration for a future version of calendar (reference 3449). Thanks.
QA Engineer
wendyhickman

Events merging in week view

Post by wendyhickman »

I am also noticing this bug on our calendar. I tried using firefox and chrome with similar results. The second activity is renamed to be the same as the first activity in week view. For the second activity, the color matches the calendar for the second activity as it should, but the title is of the former activity. These two activities are in completely different buildings, both reserving the cultural hall, with a 15 minute overlap for set up in the second activity. The activity times are Wolf Den Meeting 6:00 to 7:00 and YM/YW Combined activity 7:00 to 8:00. If you hover, it gives you a combined name: Wolf Den Meeting PD 1st WardYM/YW Combined Activity.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Events merging in week view

Post by aebrown »

wendyhickman wrote:I am also noticing this bug on our calendar.
Have you tested this again today? As near as I can tell, with the release of version 2.2.3, this bug is fixed. However, that announcement said that no other bugs were fixed, so perhaps my testing is flawed.

UPDATE: This is still not fixed (my testing was indeed flawed :( )
wendyhickman

Re: Week View problem

Post by wendyhickman »

Saw this problem today. Before posting, I viewed the same calendar on Chrome with the same results in order to verify that it wasn't just a browser issue. Is it possible that the fix was for new items added to the calendar, but not those existing before the release?

Return to “Calendar”