Clerk Resources Notification about Tithing Settlement

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dfchamplain

Clerk Resources Notification about Tithing Settlement

Post by dfchamplain »

I just was looking at the notice about tithing settlement on the Clerk resources main page and realized that the dates posted are for last year. Is there anyone that can update the information to present year dates?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dfchamplain wrote:I just was looking at the notice about tithing settlement on the Clerk resources main page and realized that the dates posted are for last year. Is there anyone that can update the information to present year dates?

Thank you for reporting this. A note has been sent to the developers suggesting an update.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:Thank you for reporting this. A note has been sent to the developers suggesting an update.
I'm glad someone else noticed this as I sent a Feedback message about 2 weeks ago and received the following reply: -

Thank you for the feedback. We are beginning the process with the Presiding Bishopric to get this year's dates approved. We will update them as soon as they are available.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The dates haven't changed for the last 10 or so years that I've been involved with these, just change the year....
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

You probably noticed that the dates were updated a while back, but I thought I'd post here anyway...
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I haven't seen the yearly notice has been sent this year, does anyone know why, the start date has come and gone?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JohnShaw wrote:I haven't seen the yearly notice has been sent this year, does anyone know why, the start date has come and gone?

Very interesting. Where I live, we are still in October, so we will not start until the middle of next month. Haven't even switched to daylight saving time yet. [Boo]

The year moves on so swiftly . . .
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Tithing settlement can begin as early as November 15. Year-to-date statements are to be distributed at least a week before tithing settlement begins. So a ward is starting tithing settlement on the earliest possible date, statements should be distributed by November 8. As a practical matter, that would usually be done by the previous Sunday, which is November 4. Since it takes some time to print and organize the YTD statements, it's not too early to be thinking about tithing settlement.

In past years, an official letter has come from the Office of the Presiding Bishopric dated October 15. So it is a bit unusual that the traditional letter has not come.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mwgrover

Post by mwgrover »

The official notice from the Presiding Bishopric is now available, dated yesterday:

https://letters.lds.org/document/pdf?it ... &clang=eng

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”