Financial record keeping training

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jtanner

Financial record keeping training

Post by jtanner »

Hi!

Could someone please point me to the official online financial training that a new member of a bishopric should take? I've found various pages (ie. https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Category:Finance) with information regarding finances but it seems to me there use to be a tutorial that folks could watch.

Thanks in advance!

-John
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Look in Record-Keeping and Technology Support on LDS.org. You have to sign in to LDS.org to get access to this calling specific site. There is a Finance section in the Topics menu.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jtanner

Post by jtanner »

Thank you JD, I found that earlier but when you click on "finance" nothing is displayed... maybe they are still building it, not sure. I remember a few years back watching a financial training tutorial but it was on the old lds.org site. There has got to be a tutorial for new finance clerks and/or bishopric members out there.
jtanner

Post by jtanner »

Ooops. I was previously logged and thought I still was when I hit that page... I wasn't. I am now and I see everything. Thank you!!
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

jtanner it is not your fault, it is difficult to understand what is a link and what isn't in the new system.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

To be frank, the new system doesn't come outright and yell "This link leads to training!" In fact, in order for you to find all the training that you're expected to have, you would have to click through all of the different links on this Finance section, just to see if one of them leads to a training presentation. Try this link:

http://auditing.lds.org
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

allenjpl wrote:Try this link:

http://auditing.lds.org

Although I agree that the old training link (which you just supplied) takes you to a page where the training is much better organized. But once the new ClerkSupport.lds.org site is fully operational, that old training page will be retired. So pointing people there is a very short-term solution.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”