Administrators not visible

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
craiggsmith

Administrators not visible

Post by craiggsmith »

I am a stake administrator, and when I go to the administrators section of the calendar nothing shows up. It was fine last I made a change there (a few weeks ago). I've tried both IE and Chrome. Anyone else?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I just tried it and it worked fine for me on IE9 and Firefox, but indeed on Chrome the list of administrators is empty. Since I primarily use Firefox I can't give you any data as to when it may have stopped working for me on Chrome.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I tried Firefox and had the same problem. So I thought that I lost my permissions as we got a new Stake Presidency yesterday, but I still have the other administrator permissions. So I tried to add a new administrator, and get the following error:

Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later.

I got this message earlier today on the main calendar page, when it was being really slow. Is this related to the performance problem they had yesterday?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Several Church servers are experiencing difficulties. I tried to order from the online store but got the down for maintenance message. I occasionally and randomly get a down for maintenance message for LDS.org Tools applications.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I see elsewhere that the Amazon cloudis having serious problems. That in turn is affecting FamilySearch. I can't help but wonder if some "church servers" are actually running on the Amazon system and are likewise being affected.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I'm sure I recall that the Church does use Amazon servers, but for the life of me I can't find the reference! Shoot me down in flames, if I've got this wrong. :)
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

No, the church does not use Amazon's cloud. We host our own servers.
QA Engineer
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

LisaAn wrote:No, the church does not use Amazon's cloud. We host our own servers.
And by "the church" LisaAn means ICS, which represents just about everything the Church does in the technology area outside of temples and family history.

But FamilySearch most definitely does use Amazon's cloud for multiple purposes.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

But FamilySearch most definitely does use Amazon's cloud for multiple purposes.
That's where I was getting the idea, that the Church used Amazon from.

Thank you for putting me straight!
mevans

Post by mevans »

I've been testing out various web browsers to see what works and what doesn't on the calendar. I haven't gone through Mac web browsers yet, but in my tests of Windows web browsers, I found that Firefox and Chrome both had problems with the Administrators page. IE and Safari for Windows both worked fine.

I found the Firefox and Chrome were intermittent. Many times the page showed up with an empty drop-down box and no content. Occasionally it worked fine and was pretty quick. Generally, the administrators page seemed like it took a moment to populate the content. I don't know if the problem lies in a particular web browser or in some method being called to get the data required for the page. I'd have to dig into this a little more to see what's happening.

Return to “Calendar”