Ward Directory Photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
MerrillME

Ward Directory Photos

Post by MerrillME »

I am a ward website admin in a YSA Ward in Rexburg, Idaho. We have uploaded photos for several of our members, and most of them are showing up. But in a few instances, I get "error" text that just has the person's name and the word "Photo." At first I thought this might be because of privacy settings determined by the user, but it seems that's actually not the case. ANy tips about what I might try to have these images show up? They're jpgs in all instances, so I know it's not a file format issue.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Welcome to the Forum!

It still could be a file issue. Our Bishop uploaded his own picture some time ago, but somehow (during the upload) the file was corrupted (I suspect). You could see what looked like a broken picture link. As the Clerk at the time, I suggested we should delete his picture and try again. When he uploaded the same picture again, it worked.

You might try to delete the error ones and re-upload them.
mevans

Post by mevans »

merrillme wrote:But in a few instances, I get "error" text that just has the person's name and the word "Photo."
I just noticed this on some of my ward's members and haven't tried investigating yet. I have periodically noticed that some photos appear or don't appear depending on which page I go to. For example, I've gone to edit me or my own family and sometimes the photo doesn't show up and I wondered what happened to it. Then I go to a different view and see it there. When I saw someone's photo replaced by the word Photo I was just assuming it was more of the same random events. Now that you've reported this, I'm going to pay more attention to what's going on.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

With the next release of Directory we are moving to a new process and a new server. We're hoping that these changes will provide more reliability and allow users to upload higher resolution photos with a higher degree of success.
QA Engineer
snormann

Post by snormann »

LisaAn wrote:With the next release of Directory we are moving to a new process and a new server. We're hoping that these changes will provide more reliability and allow users to upload higher resolution photos with a higher degree of success.

Directory 2.0 was released in March, 2012. What is the target date for the next release (approximations are ok with me so please give yourself leeway to have 90% confidence in the date)? Can you share some of the changes that you are working on?

Steve

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”