Have the directory display youth in other units for stake YM/YW leaders

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
netmartins

Have the directory display youth in other units for stake YM/YW leaders

Post by netmartins »

For those with stake YM/YW callings, could you enable the display of all household members for all units in the stake in the directory? Currently the directory lists only adults in other units. This makes it difficult to review names and greet youth as we visit other wards and branches.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This capability is in the queue for future Directory upgrades. Once it appears there the developers for LDS Tools can incorporate it there.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
gyoungberg

Post by gyoungberg »

Good to know!
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

In the Directory, youth information for other wards in your stake is hidden by design, as it is a direction from priesthood. I believe this protects the privacy of youth. This will probably not change in upcoming releases.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

netmartins wrote:For those with stake YM/YW callings, could you enable the display of all household members for all units in the stake in the directory? Currently the directory lists only adults in other units. This makes it difficult to review names and greet youth as we visit other wards and branches.

You may want to check the on-line directory. I would not expect LDS Tools to show more information then is available to you on-line.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I'm sorry that I misspoke about this feature. I was sure I remembered a post some time ago from a Church employee stating that this requested feature had been added to the list of potential updates. I have not been able to locate that post, so I must be imagining things.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

@jdlessley: no problem, things change. We increasingly find that the options we can offer members is driven by the member's country and local regulations - things that are beyond our control. As these rules change we change with it. We try to be as helpful as we can in this context.
QA Engineer
baahkb

Re: Have the directory display youth in other units for stak

Post by baahkb »

Just a note of encouragement for the idea of enabling Stake YM/YW leaders the access to see all youth in the stake. On many occasions this would be very helpful... thank you
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Have the directory display youth in other units for stak

Post by jdlessley »

As was stated earlier in this thread, the Priesthood Department provides the direction on capabilities such as this. You should use the priesthood chain to get this request passed up the line. Counsel with stake president, who then takes it to the Area Seventy, and so forth up the line.
JD Lessley

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”