Can't turn off event notifications

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
craiggsmith

Can't turn off event notifications

Post by craiggsmith »

Event notifications are being sent to everyone even though the flag to send notifications on the event screen is not checked. Apparently others have had this problem. This didn't happen when we added the events last year.

Any consensus on whether this is indeed a new bug, or is there some other way to turn them off? I thought there used to be a global calendar-level flag but can't find anything.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Since that's two of you reporting it, I've sent it to the developers to look at. At the moment, I can't think of any suggestions other then having the members turn off notifications on their end. There is a global setting at the user end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Have your users check both the options and the subscriptions pages under the Help (gear) menu. Under options you can check the box to stop all emails. Under subscriptions, you can stop email for a particular calendar. See if this helps.
QA Engineer
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Unfortunately the "users" are the whole stake. But I did some testing and I didn't see the problem. So the high councilor entered some more and we didn't see the issue. He says he specifically checked the send notifications box on the first one but not the subsequent 2 that I got notifications for. So I don't know. But I guess we can ignore this for now. Sorry.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
gordonja

Post by gordonja »

I am also still receiving notifications for a calendar that originally had notifications enabled. I disabled notifications for the calendar first; then I unsubscribed from the calendar; finally, I turned off all notifications, but I continue to receive email reminders about these events. I no longer wish to receive them. Please advise.

Return to “Calendar”