Can not upgrade IE

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
meyersj

Can not upgrade IE

Post by meyersj »

I use my work computer for most everything. I do not have control over the versions of software that is installed. IE8 is not allowed to be installed on my computer. I have IE7. It takes a couple of years for them to do a full security scan and create the patches needed to install on our computers. I will always be a couple of years behind the on all the latest versions of software.

Can you please make the website work with at least one version behind the current version of IE?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

At this point the calendar is not compatible with IE8 (the highest version that can run on XP), so the odds for IE7 is poor.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Re browsers, you might check out the comments on this article -- Recommended Browsers. There might be some useful advice there, but I don't think you'll find a solution.
mevans

Post by mevans »

It sounds like you might be really stuck if they have your computers that locked down. I don't know where you work or what security concerns there are. I'm kind of surprised they let you use it for personal work and give you access to the public internet if they are that security conscious.

Here are a few thoughts. I'm doubtful any of them will help, but just in case...
  • As johnsonth pointed out, there are recommended browsers. Maybe your employer supports one of those.
  • If they don't have IE plugins disabled, try Google Chrome Frame. I haven't used it, but it's worth a try.
  • Are you able to set up a separate user account on the computer that is not connected to your company's network/domain? If so, will they relax security policies when logged in to that account so that you could use Firefox or Chrome? Sometime a company is primarily concerned with the computer accessing company resources. If the separate user account has no access to company resources, they might not care as much about permissions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

And lastly, maybe it's time to get a non-company computer. You may find some of the tablets will actually be a better form factor fit for your use in church.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”