Bug: MLS 3.5 Custom Callings

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
nmcmaster

Bug: MLS 3.5 Custom Callings

Post by nmcmaster »

Since updating to MLS 3.5, the synchronization of custom callings between MLS and LDS.org has been buggy. The specific problem I have observed is that when I add a member to a custom calling, any custom callings add afterwards upload to the website with the same calling title as the first one.

Example:
Added John to Assistant Secretary.
Then added James and Jim as Home Evening Coordinators.
After sync, the LDS.org displays John, James and Jim as Assistant Secretary.

2nd bug, the website does not remove people from custom callings. When I attempted to edit James and Jim, LDS.org displays duplicate entries.
Screen Shot 2012-10-22 at 1.42.18 PM.jpg
(21.34 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

PS - Is this the best place to report MLS bugs? I can't find a better place to do it.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

Can you send me your unit number in a private message? Also - have you checked CDOL to see what the callings show as there?
Ryan Gifford
MLS
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

nmcmaster wrote:PS - Is this the best place to report MLS bugs? I can't find a better place to do it.
You posted this in the Leader and Clerk Resources forum. MLS issues should be posted in the MLS Support, Help, and Feedback forum. I've moved the thread to the correct forum, MLS Support, Help, and Feedback.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
brogers

I am seeing the same thing

Post by brogers »

nmcmaster wrote:Since updating to MLS 3.5, the synchronization of custom callings between MLS and LDS.org has been buggy. The specific problem I have observed is that when I add a member to a custom calling, any custom callings add afterwards upload to the website with the same calling title as the first one.

Example:
Added John to Assistant Secretary.
Then added James and Jim as Home Evening Coordinators.
After sync, the LDS.org displays John, James and Jim as Assistant Secretary.

2nd bug, the website does not remove people from custom callings. When I attempted to edit James and Jim, LDS.org displays duplicate entries.

PS - Is this the best place to report MLS bugs? I can't find a better place to do it.

I've got an individual as a custom position "PFR" in Directory->Ward Leaders->Faciltiies, but what lds.org shows is that his position is "Choir Secretary" which is another custom position we have (under Music, of course). MLS shows this correctly.
Unit ID: 179922.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

I was able to track down and file a bug report related to the original post. The fix isn't in yet, but will be soon.
Ryan Gifford
MLS

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”