Featured Article Sorting

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
failproof

Featured Article Sorting

Post by failproof »

Noticed today that when viewing "All" categories, featured articles do not sort to the top. This may be working "as designed" since the feature applies to the article AND the category, allowing an article to be featured for one category but not for another. Thus for All categories, the feature doesn't really apply. This still seems slightly flawed, at least to me. The default view when opening the newsletter is All categories, so the initial view does not highlight any featured articles.

Of course this is just my opinion and maybe I'm the only one that feels this way, but it seems like if the article is marked as featured in even one category, that it should sort to the top in the All view. Sort order should be by Featured flag, then by Date with newest first.

Just my 2 cents for today
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I agree that it would be nice, as I mentioned during the beta here.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

I agree with this comment as well. More control over display of featured articles in the all few would be appreciated.
wowonet

Sorting of Newsletter Articles

Post by wowonet »

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give the Administrator a way to sort newsletter articles. We are just beginning to use the newsletter feature and the first article is helpful hints and instructions for using ward tools at lds.org. I would hate for this article to be replaced in order of priority with an article about Cub Scouts (not that I have anything against Cub Scouts), but I would prefer that it not be the first article that appears when someone logs on to the newsletter.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Sorting of Newsletter Articles

Post by aebrown »

wowonet wrote:PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give the Administrator a way to sort newsletter articles.
This has been requested previously, so I moved your post into the existing topic for this issue.
kelsea823

Re: Featured Article Sorting

Post by kelsea823 »

Add my vote to this request! We have a Spiritual Message each month that we want at the top of the newsletter so when I set up the initial newsletter, I started with the lowest priority article and then added from lowest to highest being the Spiritual Message. Then we edit the existing articles with the new months information. This has worked so far, but if I ever have to add another article, I will have to delete articles and then enter them again just so I can get them in the proper order. Seems like this would be an easy fix and much needed fix.

Thanks!!

Kelly
wowonet

Post by wowonet »

Any new information on this feature. I did some more work on our Newsletter this week and this still seems to be an issue.
mevans

Post by mevans »

No new info. There are enhancements I'd like to the Newsletter to help sort/view article titles. Right now I find it a bit inconvenient to use. We have over 15 pages of newsletter articles and it's not friendly to view/find things.

The Newsletter is the newest member tool and, therefore, probably the most feature deprived. I imagine in time that it will get some upgrades, although it doesn't appear there is any focus on improving member tools this calendar year.

Return to “Newsletter”