Calling miss match in MLS and Directory on Lds.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Aganack

Calling miss match in MLS and Directory on Lds.org

Post by Aganack »

I have a problem where a calling was removed in mls months ago, but it is still showing up on LDS.org. Any idea how i can fix this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Wait until your unit is updated to MLS 3.5 and then follow Correcting duplicate or missing callings
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

As a note the upgrade process to MLS 3.5 does the Unit Data Refresh (at least to CDOL) part, so once the organization section of MLS is unlocked you should be ready for step 6.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Could you explain that a different way please? My first counselor disappeared and he thinks he doesn't have to come to bishopric meetings anymore. He sees it as a sign from on high. :)

In the CDOL it shows him in orange in a custom position.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

RussellHltn wrote:Wait until your unit is updated to MLS 3.5 and then follow Correcting duplicate or missing callings
Once you complete this, how long before the changes show up on the CDOL?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Also, on the ward page in the CDOL, under the word "Active" it has a note: "unpublished changes." What does that mean?
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

TinMan wrote:In the CDOL it shows him in orange in a custom position.

Does it show as a custom position in MLS? If not you will probably need a cdol refresh file to get them in sync, then you can make the changes in MLS. This could be an artifact of the custom positions issue that cropped up last week and some cleanup just needs to be done.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

TinMan wrote:Also, on the ward page in the CDOL, under the word "Active" it has a note: "unpublished changes." What does that mean?
It means that there are changes that require a human to review them. In this case it is a duplicate position for your counselor (it matches the historical one). Once they reconcile that your counselor will be showing again. I would expect it would be cleaned up today or tomorrow.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

giffordrb wrote:Does it show as a custom position in MLS? If not you will probably need a cdol refresh file to get them in sync, then you can make the changes in MLS. This could be an artifact of the custom positions issue that cropped up last week and some cleanup just needs to be done.
No, it does not show up as a custom position in MLS. The "custom position" screen in MLS for the bishopric is blank. I just went through the six steps in the link above, added him back in MLS, moved him up in the order to where he should be and did a couple of send/receives over 20 minutes or so.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

JonesRK wrote:It means that there are changes that require a human to review them. In this case it is a duplicate position for your counselor (it matches the historical one). Once they reconcile that your counselor will be showing again. I would expect it would be cleaned up today or tomorrow.
Excellent. I will tell him to plan on coming to bishopric meeting on Wednesday... :)

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”