Everything missing from my stake calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ashworthje

Everything missing from my stake calendar

Post by ashworthje »

When I went to my stake calendar, there wasn't anything there. I think that in making the new calendar, you didn't make it so stuff that was on the old calendar would be transferred to the new calendar.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ashworthje wrote:When I went to my stake calendar, there wasn't anything there. I think that in making the new calendar, you didn't make it so stuff that was on the old calendar would be transferred to the new calendar.

If by the old calendar you are referring to the calendar at the Classic site, also called the Local Unit Web Site, and by the new calendar you are referring to the calendar at LDS.org, then you are correct. The information from the calendar at the Classic site did not transfer to the new calendar at the LDS.org site.

When the transition to the new calendar was begun last year (earlier, actually), it was intended that events would be placed on the Classic calendar to a certain point (say, for example, the end of 2011), and then events after the transition point (for example, the beginning of 2012) would be placed on the new calendar at LDS.org.

Some chose to overlap the two calendars for a time, but those who did so had to maintain the various calendar events in two different places. There was never any linkage between the two.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That is correct. The functionality of the new calendar system is quite different then the old one. So automatically transferring it would create more problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ashworthje wrote:When I went to my stake calendar, there wasn't anything there. I think that in making the new calendar, you didn't make it so stuff that was on the old calendar would be transferred to the new calendar.
A stake calendar administrator can import events from the Classic calendar. See Import Events from Another Calendar in the help system for details. Note that the import is not perfect and requires manual cleanup after the import (particularly to set location information on the events). But it is an option that is available.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:A stake calendar administrator can import events from the Classic calendar. See Import Events from Another Calendar in the help system for details. Note that the import is not perfect and requires manual cleanup after the import (particularly to set location information on the events). But it is an option that is available.

I was going to mention that, but couldn't find the function. It turns out it only dispalys in "settings" when you're in the main calendar screen. I haven't tried them all, but it doesn't appear in any of the other screens I've tried. The help file fails to mention that detail.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”